Skip Navigation Welcome to the official website for Old Saybrook, Land Use
This table is used for column layout.
On Our Site
  • Land Use Home
  • Aquifer Protection
  • Architectural Review
  • Conservation
  • Flood Management
  • Historic District
  • Inland Wetlands
  • Planning
  • Zoning Appeals
  • Zoning

Search Our Site

Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Commission
Contact TypeContact Information
J. Colin Heffernan, Chairman
Gillian Carroll, Environmental Planner / Inland Wetlands Agent
, Administrative Clerk
Town Hall, 302 Main St 
Old Saybrook ,CT 06475 
(860) 395-3131
(860) 395-1216
LAND USE DEPARTMENT: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Environmental Planner: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Tuesday - Thursday
Enforcement Officer: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Monday - Friday

The IWWC meets the 3rd Thursday of each month, except when holidays occur, in the First Floor Conference Room of the Town Hall, 302 Main Street. Consult the Town website's Meetings & Events for the Town Calendar.

Please call ahead if you are traveling from out of town.
Link to PageLink to PageLink to Page

Do you need an inland wetlands permit?

If you are doing any work in an inland wetland, vernal pool, waterbody or watercourse, or within 100' of these recources, you should consult the inland wetlands agent to see if a permit is required. Significant activities occurring outside the 100' upland review area may also be subject to permitting if they may impact an inland wetland or watercourse.

Inland wetland permit applications must be submitted in person at the Land Use Department unless prior arrangements have been made. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications two weeks prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting to allow commissioners adequate time to review the materials.

Maps & Assessment Data
Land Records
Town Code
Townwide Initiatives
Land Use Department: 302 Main Street, Old Saybrook, CT 06475 PH: (860) 395-3131 Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 4:30PM