Skip Navigation Welcome to the official website for Old Saybrook, Connecticut
This table is used for column layout.
Vital Records FAQ
Birth, Marriage & Death Certificates 

Old Saybrook has records indexed from 1854 to the present time and certificates from 1865 to the present. Records prior to listed years are housed in the Town Clerk's office of Deep River, CT.

Births - Records are filed if the mother lived in Old Saybrook at the time of the birth and/or if the birth occurred in Old Saybrook. Birth records less than 100 years old are not open for public inspection and copies can only be obtained by certain individuals. Please see special instructions below to obtain certified copies.

Marriages -  Marriage Licenses are filed in the town where the marriage was performed and also the spouses' town of residence as listed on the license. 

Deaths - Records are filed in the town where the death was pronounced and the decedent's town of residence.

Obtaining Copies of Birth, Marriage & Death Certificates

Cost: $20 per certified copy by cash or check payable to "Town Clerk Old Saybrook"

Requests can be made in person or via mail. Please provide SASE for return of document.
Note: See additional instructions for Birth Certificates below.

Mail your request to:

Town Clerk’ s Office
Town of Old Saybrook
302 Main St
Old Saybrook, CT 06475

Request Forms:
Birth Certificate Request (please also see instructions below)
Special Instructions for Birth Certificate Copies

Access to birth records less than 100 years old are restricted to the following persons (CGS 7-51 and 7-51a):
  • Person whose birth is recorded (if person is 18 or older)
  • Parents
  • Grandparent or guardian
  • Grandchildren
  • Spouse
  • Children (if over 18 years of age)
  • Various authorized town and state agents
 Always attach a copy of requestor's identification to the completed application.

If you are requesting your own certificate and your present name differs from the original full name at birth, a document showing the name change must also be attached. i.e. copy of marriage license(s). 

If  you are requesting a birth certificate that is NOT your own record, then verification of  your relationship to the registrant must also be provided. This may be in the form of birth certificates and/or marriage certificates to show proof of lineage to the registrant. Court orders are also accepted to show guardianship. Please call our office if you have questions. 

Maps & Assessment Data
Pay Tax Bills
Land Records
Town Clerk's Office: 302 Main Street, Old Saybrook, CT 06475 PH: (860) 395-3135 Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30AM - 4:30PM